Friday, November 28, 2014

PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR!

I just saw the film at our usual studio screening, and boy -I did have fun-, to the usual charm of these little fellows add a fun story, tones of action, phenomenal art direction, and certainly lots and lots of clever humor. I also love the use of so many varied and cool locations -a la- James Bond, same with the gadgets and devices used by bad and good guys alike. Here are a few pieces I did for the film long time ago, just preliminary sketches or the port and some alleys in Hong Kong which at the time was to be one of the locations. I hope you see the show and have a great time too!

3 comments:

Tegan Clancy said...

So much energy in these drawings! Cant not wait to see Penguins! A couple more weeks wait in Australia and I just missed it on my CTN trip this year.
Thanks for sharing Marcos

Frame Theory said...

Hi Marcos, dissappointed I didn't see you at CTNX this year. Were you there?

Do you take some of these preliminary sketches into a painted cinematography piece later on? How does the process work usually?

Marcos Mateu said...

Tegan, thanks for your comment, I hope you get to see the movie and I hope you like it as much as we did! :)

Hi 'Frame', thanks for your comment. Unfortunately I did not have the time to go this year. Regarding these pieces all I did was do the sketches as inspirational drawings, so I did not paint any of them. I'll say in general all of my work for Dreamworks has been black and white (you can also refere to my previous post 'Dragon 2' or my 'Turbo' pieces earlier on.