Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pub Life


'Hanging around the pub in the afternoon'. Inspired by the Agatha Christie novels I used to read (one after the other) when I discovered them through a friend in my early high school days. By the way, if you haven't seen all the cover art Tom Adams did for them along the 60's and 70's you should take a look. They were oneiric images based on actual elements that appeared in (or somehow were related to) the story. Enough to insinuate what was going on but never giving you enough so that you would have an actual idea of how all those elements would relate within the story.
Good rest of the weekend everyone.

8 comments:

paolo_gaspare said...

Suggestive atmosphere!

Ciao
Paolo

Unknown said...

Cool image, thanks for the link on the covers too! By the way, I got your book for my birthday - I am really looking forward to learning from it.

Marcelo Vignali said...

Where is everybody, what's that guy waiting for, why is that shiny car in that old part of town? I guess i'll have to read the book!

Marcos Mateu said...

-Grazie Paolo

-Thank you so much Jeremy!

-Hey Moe... so many questions! :))
Un abrazo

Chelsea Odd said...

Cool artwork Marcos! I too love reading Agatha Christie novels.

Marcos Mateu said...

Thank you Chelsea!

Rocha Art said...

Bought your book and you have inspired a world of art to me...will be forever grateful!

Keep up the inspiring art!

Marcos Mateu said...

Thanks Rocha!